$175.00 per 45 minute session -longer/shorter sessions are pro-rated based on UCR of $175.00 .15 minutes after the session are needed to write-up sessions notes.
Fee adjustments can be made for qualifying hardship/s. ASK Dr. Michael to discuss your need for hardship consideration.
Rates, Costs and Value
My wife and I often have conversations about various costs for professional and non-professional services, works, and products/goods. My counsel, if she thinks someone or something is too expensive is, "What would you charge for it if you were doing it /making it and do you really want to do or be w/o it?" Do you /I/we really have an understanding and respect for the true value of people's services/works/goods and their real costs (eg. training, malpractice insurances, office expenses, government and professionl regulatory requirements, etc.) for them to make or provide their services/goods/products alvailable to us?
Questions fo you to Consider before pursuing Therapy
What do you think you would/could do it for and how important/valuable is it to you anyway?
Can you have or obtain something of value cheaply?
Do you intend to invest seriously into yourself, or just dabble?
After you have considered and reflected on these questions and the information above I challenge you to decide if therapy or Life Coaching represents an investment in yourself, your relationship, your family and your emotional helath and over all well-bein that you are ready to make. If so call me . In a sales and marketing meeting at Cincinnati Bell some years ago a rep questioned the presenter about customers affording/wanting some of the new technological devices and services available. His response, " People always have, or will find the money for the things they want and value."
Insurance or Self Pay
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits? Does your insurance company require that the doctor is or must become a member in their network for you to receive reimbursement? This requirement limits your freedom to choose your doctor/s and denies you access to the doctor/s you prefer/choose. Your insurance company can then reimburse their doctors at a rate which limits their costs but which does not necessarily provide you with better or superior services. Neat idea on their part don't you agree?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician? You remain responsible for payment for services whether your insurance company pays or not.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS/FACTORS TO CONSIDER ABOUT INSURANCES VS. SELF PAY
- Do I really want these services to be in my insurance/medical/psychological records forever and available for review by people and agencies other than myself? Even if my insurance company will pay?
- Do I want to control the number, frequency, direction of my therapy sessions or do I accept whatever my insurance carrier says it will cover and approve? If it does approve.
- How important am I vs. how much does an insurance carrier say they believe/control what think I or my needs are worth?
- Self pay eliminates the insurance limits/problems and puts you in control of your therapy as you should be.
- Dr. Michael is, obviously, not a fan of insurance companies, prefers self pay from hard-working and serious clients, but will assist you, in your attempts to acquire your insurance benefits if that does not become a major distraction /time consuming occupation for you and meI
- If this is a problem /issue/concern to you I cheerfully recommend that you please seek out other professionals and resources who have a different philosophy and insurance viewpoint regarding reimbursement. Thank you for considering consulting with me and good progress in your life journey wherever that takes you!
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis in consultation with me to personally review and discuss your situation.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.